If you own a Samsung Galaxy S24, you may have noticed that it comes with pre-installed applications that you may not use or want to see on your device. Pre-installed apps are installed by default and cannot be uninstalled normally. However, on the Galaxy S24, you have the option to hide apps you don’t want to see. In this article, we will discuss how to hide pre-installed applications on your Samsung Galaxy S24, why you might want to do so, and the benefits of hiding pre-installed applications.
Understanding pre-installed applications
Pre-installed applications or called bloatware are apps that come pre-installed on your device by the manufacturer or carrier.
These apps are often referred to as bloatware and can take up valuable storage space on your device. While some pre-installed apps may be useful, others may not be relevant to your needs or interests.
Why you might want to hide pre-installed applications
There are several reasons why you might want to hide pre-installed applications on your Samsung Galaxy S24. One reason is to free up storage space on your device.
By hiding pre-installed apps that you don’t use, you can free up space for apps that you do use. Another reason is to declutter your device. Hiding pre-installed apps that you don’t use can make your device’s home screen and app drawer less cluttered and easier to navigate.
Steps to hide pre-installed applications on Galaxy S24
Hiding pre-installed apps on the Galaxy S24 is easy and can be done right from the app drawer. Here are the steps:
- Open the app drawer on your Galaxy S24.
- Tap the three horizontal line menu buttons in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Tap Hide apps on Home and Apps screens.
- On the Hide Apps screen, you will see a list of all your apps.
- Find the pre-installed apps you want to hide, and tap the circle icon on their icon to select them. Selected apps will have a blue check mark.
- Tap “Done” at the bottom when you have selected all the apps you want to hide.
- The selected apps will now disappear from your app drawer and home screens.
To restore a hidden app in the future:
- Go back to the Hide Apps menu.
- Find the app you want to restore and tap the – (mins) icon simbol to deselect it.
- Tap “Done” again to unhide it.
- This will make the app visible again in your app drawer and allow you to add it back to your home screen if desired.
Benefits of hiding pre-installed applications
Hiding pre-installed applications on your Samsung Galaxy S24 can have several benefits.
- Clean up your app drawer and home screen with only the apps you need.
- Prevent clutter and simplify your mobile experience.
- Regain a small amount of storage space since updates won’t download.
- Get rid of annoying ads and notifications from unused apps.
- Avoid accidentally launching or tapping on apps you don’t use.
- Customize your phone to show only the apps important to you.
- While not a full uninstall, hiding apps can streamline your mobile device and make your most-used apps easier to access. Less really is more with app minimalism!
Finally, it can help protect your privacy by hiding apps that you don’t want others to see. In conclusion, hiding pre-installed applications on your Samsung Galaxy S24 is a simple process that can help free up storage space, declutter your device, and protect your privacy. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily hide pre-installed apps that you don’t use or want to see on your device.